I am a social entrepreneur living in New York City with a background in marketing, anthropology, and sustainable international development. I have a passion for ideas that utilize technology to forge previously impossible connections resulting in positive social change. I also love working for start-ups capable of bring great (and often simple) ideas to fruition.
- I am the Vice President of Inbound Marketing at 2U. 2U partners with preeminent institutions of higher education to deliver rigorous, selective degree programs online. Learn more about our partners and programs.
On the side:
- I work with Bridges to Community, a community development non-profit that organizes and facilitates international cross-cultural service trips for volunteers to live and work in materially poor communities. With Bridges, I’ve lead a variety of service-learning trips to Nicaragua and currently serve on the Board of Directors.
Previously, I’ve been a part of a number of startups:
- I co-founded Zimride (now known as Lyft) a friendly, safe, and affordable transportation option.
- I was a Project Manager and Technology Adviser at JustMeans, a social platform that provides a forum for companies and individuals to engage in initiatives with respect to social and environmental responsibility.
- I co-founded La Piña Blanca, a company that fostered economic growth and social change within Nicaragua through sustainable real estate investment, ecotourism, and produce exportation.
I graduated from Cornell University with a B.A. in Anthropology.