I am a social entrepreneur living in New York City with a background in inbound marketing, anthropology, and sustainable international development. I have a passion for ideas that utilize technology to forge previously impossible connections resulting in positive social change. I also love working for start-ups capable of bring great (and often simple) ideas to fruition.
- I am the Senior Director of Inbound Marketing at 2U. 2U partners with preeminent institutions of higher education to deliver rigorous, selective degree programs online. We’re currently working on:
- Semester Online
- A Master of Arts in Teaching and a Master’s of Social Work degree with the University of Southern California
- A Master’s in Nursing degree with Georgetown University
- A Master’s of Business Administration and a Master of Public Administration with UNC Kenan-Flagler.
- A Master of Laws with Washington University in St. Louis
- A Master of Public Health with George Washington University
- A variety of mini-sites including Teach.com, How To MBA, Certification Map, Nursing License Map, Social Work License Map and My Teacher, My Hero.
On the side:
- I work with Bridges to Community, a community development non-profit that organizes and facilitates international cross-cultural service trips for volunteers to live and work in materially poor communities. With Bridges, I’ve lead a variety of service-learning trips to Nicaragua, advised on their organizational social media strategy, and produced a series of fundraising videos.
- I co-founded SkillsNYC, an organization that aims to fill the growing gap between the knowledge people have obtained through their traditional education and work experience and the skills required to distinguish themselves in today’s high-tech economy. Through interactive and hands on workshops, we provide New York City’s workforce with the practical and contemporary skills necessary to grow and develop their careers in this changing economy.
- I co-founded Zimride, the leading provider of online social rideshare and carpool matching systems in North America. I currently work with the company in an advisory role.
Previously, I’ve been a part of a number of startups:
- I was a Project Manager and Technology Adviser at JustMeans, a social platform that provides a forum for companies and individuals to engage in initiatives with respect to social and environmental responsibility.
- I co-founded La Piña Blanca, a company that fostered economic growth and social change within Nicaragua through sustainable real estate investment, ecotourism, and produce exportation.
I graduated from Cornell University with a B.A. in Anthropology.