I am a social entrepreneur living in New York City with a background in inbound marketing, anthropology, and sustainable international development. I have a passion for ideas that utilize technology to forge previously impossible connections resulting in positive social change. I also love working for start-ups capable of bring great (and often simple) ideas to fruition.
- I am the Vice President of Inbound Marketing at 2U. 2U partners with preeminent institutions of higher education to deliver rigorous, selective degree programs online. We’re currently working on:
- A Master of Arts in Teaching and a Master’s of Social Work degree with the University of Southern California
- A Master’s in Nursing degree with Georgetown University
- A Master’s of Business Administration and a Master of Public Administration with UNC Kenan-Flagler.
- A Master of Laws with Washington University in St. Louis
- A Master of Public Health with George Washington University
- A variety of mini-sites including Teach.com, How To MBA, Certification Map, Nursing License Map, Social Work License Map and My Teacher, My Hero.
On the side:
- I work with Bridges to Community, a community development non-profit that organizes and facilitates international cross-cultural service trips for volunteers to live and work in materially poor communities. With Bridges, I’ve lead a variety of service-learning trips to Nicaragua, advised on their organizational social media strategy, and produced a series of fundraising videos.
- I co-founded Zimride (now known as Lyft) a friendly, safe, and affordable transportation option.
Previously, I’ve been a part of a number of startups:
- I was a Project Manager and Technology Adviser at JustMeans, a social platform that provides a forum for companies and individuals to engage in initiatives with respect to social and environmental responsibility.
- I co-founded La Piña Blanca, a company that fostered economic growth and social change within Nicaragua through sustainable real estate investment, ecotourism, and produce exportation.
I graduated from Cornell University with a B.A. in Anthropology.